Asda Site, E14
Built in 1983, this Asda hypermarket lies opposite Crossharbour DLR on the eastern side of East Ferry Road, bounded by Mudchute Park, Glengalls Grove and Friars Mead. Tower Hamlets drew up a draft planning brief for the site in July 2003 for the redevelopment of the site, which now also has a health & fitness centre and a bus depot.
Full planning application:
• 850 residential units.
• 626 private units (mix: 38x studio, 223x1, 218x2, 147x3 bed flats).
• 224 social units in total.
• 86 for shared ownership (mix: 33x1, 33x2, 12x3, 8x4 bed flat).
• 30 for social rent (mix, 3x3, 18x4, 9x5 bed flats).
• 108 for intermediate rent (mix: 22x1, 45x2, 41x3 bed flats).
• 6,410 sq m mixed use retail.
• 1,600 sq m community space.
• 755 car parking spaces (604 for retail and 151 for residential use).
• 1,255 cycle spaces.